In this course we’ll focus exclusively on the offers in your funnel – the types of offers, where you should put them in your funnel, how to use offers to convert leads, and how to attract people to your funnel.
What is a Sales Funnel?
Your sales funnel is the process prospects go through to become a customer.
Picture an actual funnel: It is wide at the top (the sales funnel entry point) and narrows at the bottom (the point of purchase). The idea is to cast a wide net at first, attracting casual and serious prospects alike. You then present them with offers that will either move them down the funnel towards purchase or remove them.
That is the focus of this course: choosing offers and structuring them within your sales funnel to entice your audience to buy (or to move on).
It is one thing to attract leads, but to have a profitable and successful business, you need to convert them into paying customers. Both new and existing customers need a nudge.
Offer funnels direct prospects, factoring in stops, detours, and even reversals along the way. The structure of your offer funnel will work to nurture the relationship and make sure that you are presenting the right offer to the right prospect. Once the prospect has made a purchase or an initial commitment, they are more likely to buy your core offer or upsells because you have proven yourself and the value of your product/service.
The five stages of an offer funnel:
There are five stages in your offer funnel. Prospects are generally presented with anywhere from three to five offers as they progress through your sales funnel. Those offers will include one ‘core offer’ and a mix of lower and higher-ticket options. You’ll also need a free ‘lead magnet’ to trigger the funnel
By the time you complete this course, you’ll have chosen your core offer and at least two other offer types that will be incorporated into your sales funnel, and you’ll know where to put them. You will also identify your lead-nurturing content, and come up with a strategy to get people to enter your funnel in the first place.
Here is your roadmap through the course:
By the time you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the core offer that all your other offers will hinge upon, allowing you to build a powerful funnel that will maximize sales.
- Define your ideal customer profile so you can develop persuasive communications and offers, delivered at the right time to the right people.
- Define the unique value proposition (UVP) for your core offer and how it will benefit your audience so you can convert more leads into customers.
- Choose a powerful and effective lead magnet that will convert curious audience members into subscribers, triggering the beginning of your offer funnel.
- Identify a valuable and effective low-ticket offer that addresses your audience’s pain points and moves them further down your funnel.
- Create a one-time offer that instills a sense of urgency or a fear of missing out, increasing revenue before moving to the next part of your funnel.
- Develop an attractive subscription offer that solves part of your audience’s problem, primes them for purchase of your core offer, and moves them even further down your funnel.
- Add in a valuable order bump to increase point-of-sale revenue.
- Identify an enticing upsell for your core offer that will enhance customer loyalty, maximize ROI, and boost your profits even more.
- Create an effective downsell for your core offer that will bring in more revenue by converting buyers who might otherwise have left
- Map out your simple offer funnel, a visual representation that provides a valuable roadmap for building out a sales funnel with all your offers.
- Identify where you will automate and segment your funnel, including which sales funnel automation platform makes most sense for your business.
- Develop powerful content that will move leads through your funnel and motivate them to purchase your offers.
- Create a powerful call to action (CTA) for each piece of content that motivates your prospects to take the next step through your funnel.
- Develop a ‘Plan B’ for prospects who decline your offers, either through a downsell, value options for a higher-ticket item, or staying connected with them through valuable content and freebies.
- Attract people to the entry point of your funnel with engaging, targeted, and optimized content.
- Evaluate your offer funnel and adjust it as needed to maximize conversions and revenue.
- Consolidate and implement your learning and plan future action steps so you can achieve the goals you set for this course
This course is broken down into 6 major modules with individual lessons to take you step-by-step through the process of structuring your offer funnel, attracting people to it, and evaluating results.
The modules follow a logical order, so while you can skip around if you want, it’s best to work through them one at a time.
As you go through each module, use your Action Guide to help you complete the Action Steps at the end of each module.
Before we start the course, take a minute to think about what you want to get out of it.
In the Action Guide, write down three skills you expect to gain.
Now that you’re clear about what you want this course to deliver, we can get started.