Are you a brick-and-mortar business? How do others find you aside from walking past your door? In order to grow, something needs to be added to your advertising scheme. How about a website?
Below are Seven reasons why your business is already suffering without it.
Remember when all people asked for was business cards and brochures? If you attended a networking event empty handed, that was exactly how you were going to leave – with nothing. Advertising is still the rage and people do take business cards, but there is one difference – the content on the card has changed. Traditional addresses have been replaced by website addresses.
Still on the fence about a website? It’s time to hop off, and here’s why.
- Your business is never closed – Just like those diners what are “Open All Night,” you are as well, but without the need to actually be awake for it. Potential customers can find helpful information any time of the day or night. If you have an e-commerce store set up, they can also make a purchase while you sleep.
- Pay more attention to making money – Instead of answering the same question for the umpteenth time over the phone or through email, use a FAQ page on your website.
- Save money in the long run – Yes, you will save money even if you pay a professional to handle the set-up of your site. Over time, the monthly cost will decrease as your business increases.
- Build brand and credibility – A business that invests in a website shows a commitment to building the business. You can create a logo and a brand for all to see, while being seen as a professional in your industry. Compelling content that is fresh also builds reputation and credibility.
- Updates are easy – Want customers to know about a new product line? Advertise on your website. This makes email marketing easy because you don’t have to fill your copy with information they can find on your site. Simply plug the new stuff and direct them to the landing page.
- Customers multiply like rabbits – A website has a worldwide audience. Instead of just those who live in Poughkeepsie, you can reach people in New Delhi, Tokyo and Vancouver. Everyone who might be interested in what you have to offer can find you.
- A Website Is Your Home Base and Something You Own Forever – If you’re just building your business on social media platforms like Facebook, you risk loosing it all if your account gets suspended. If you’re using cookie-cutter page builders that again you dont own, then you never have full control, flexibility or ownership of the content. If you ever decide to leave those companies, or they suddenly shut down, your website and all your content is gone forever.
So what are you waiting for? That website won’t build itself.